hello from Minnesota

Just so that we know a little bit about you!
earl.johnson

hello from Minnesota

Post by earl.johnson »

hi - I'm Earl Johnson.
I took up pinhole photography in 2004, on the occasion of my 50th birthday. I have been shooting almost exclusively pinhole ever since. In July of that year, I stumbled on to f295, and I found a wonderful forum of dedicated pinholers who have sustained me ever since. I have built hundreds of cameras and have taken pictures in formats from 35 mm to 12x20 inches. My interests naturally grew to include alt process printing, and I have made prints in cyanotype, salted paper, argyrotype, kallitype, van dyke, and carbon. I purchased an industrial plate burner with a two sided vacuum frame in about 2008. I recently remodeled my house, and dedicated the former laundry room to my darkroom. I built a 36" x 12 foot sink, and installed a 30x84 stone table for pouring tissues and coating sheets. I have a full featured digital studio, thanks to a Minnesota State Arts Board grant that enabled me to purchase a computer, scanner, large Epson printer, and appropriate software. I have many more ideas than I have time for, but I only have a few years left until I can afford to stop working full time and devote my days to making prints and exposing film.

I don't know how much time I will spend on this forum - I will never invest the time that I put into f295 at its peak - it was a wonderful, amazing place that we will never see the likes of again.

However, if any of you have any questions about pinhole photography, film, cameras, or alt process printing, then by all means send them my way. I also am Pinhole Aperture Supplier to the world, so pm me if you need any tiny holes.

jon.oman

Re: hello from Minnesota

Post by jon.oman »

Earl,

You have a wealth of experience! I hope that this site gets enough members so that experience gets propagated...

Sparkey

Re: hello from Minnesota

Post by Sparkey »

Welcome Earl.