Hello from Oz

Just so that we know a little bit about you!
Barry Kirsten

Hello from Oz

Post by Barry Kirsten »

Hello All,

I'm another refugee from f295, looking for a place with like-minded folk. Thanks to Jon for making his forum available to us.

I hail from 'The High Country' of north-east Victoria, Australia, a place of romantic notion built on the folk-lore of the mountain cattleman and bush ballads like 'The Man From Snowy River'. It's a bit of a laugh really that Australia's tallest mountain is only 2228 metres above sea level and one of only a few regions of the continent that has any long term snow cover. Nothing like European and North American snow, but there is still much to photograph.

I've been enchanted by photography since a young lad in school when one of our teachers started a photography club. I was always amazed by the magic of the appearing image, and still am over 60 years later. I've worked with all formats from 8x10 down, and still work in 4x5, 6x6 and 135, with both lensed and pinhole cameras. I love to tinker with making my own photographic gear, including cameras, and am also keen to try alt processes. Although now retired and have more time available, I find it's amazing where the time goes, and I still haven't found time for alt processes. I'll have to work on that!

Looking forward to sharing and continuing to learn about this wonderful craft. Best wishes to all,

Barry

NedL01

Re: Hello from Oz

Post by NedL01 »

Hi Barry! Great to see you here.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Welcome aboard Barry! One day I would like to see Australia. It may be a while though. My wife and I just took our first trip to Europe last fall. Must have time to replenish the piggy bank!

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Hello and welcome aboard.