D3 at 100 iso

Place to post your images and they may be critiqued.
JohnSR

D3 at 100 iso

Post by JohnSR »

Was reading on the net where the Canon guys were badmouthing the D3 cause it didn't have ISO100. Thought I would give it a try at -1 down from ISO 200 which I understand would be around ISO 100. Never shoot down that low so was surprised to find there are several setting from ISO 200 before I got to -1 ISO 100. This flower was shot at ISO 100 at f/5. Shutter was 1/160s. Lens was the 24/70 at I think 35mm. Blowing it up to 100 percent and looking in the dark green area, noticed there wasn't if any noise. Wish I would have shot it at 200 ISO so I could have compared the two. On my monitor the flower is about half again as large as it actually is.

Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Re: D3 at 100 iso

Post by jon.oman »

I'd be hard pressed to see a problem with this image on the web. I think they protest too much! How well does this print? And yes, it would be nice to see it at 200 ISO as well.

JohnSR

Re: D3 at 100 iso

Post by JohnSR »

While surfing the web, ran across a photo of a flower where the background was in focus. The way the light hit the flower made it look like it was coming off the page. The background actually helped made the flower look 3-D. Guess there are times when we need a sharp background. Am going to play around with that idea some.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.