One for John!

Place to post your images and they may be critiqued.
jon.oman

One for John!

Post by jon.oman »

So, how many board feet in this one?

JohnSR

Re: One for John!

Post by JohnSR »

Think those would fit on the mill. Had to work on the mill today. One of the brushes in the electic motor that runs the mill down the track was loose and the mill would chatter going down the log. It was so cold this morning when I took the motor off, had to warm it up in the house before working on it. Runs good now but plan on ordering another end plate which includes the brush set in case it happens again.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Are you using it so much that it is wearing out?

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

What happened was when I first installed the motor drive, wasn't careful enough to check where the wires going from the motor drive to the controller. The first time I ran it, the wires caught on the fender and was torn out from the end plate on the motor. I repaired it but some sawdust must have gotten in the brush holder causing the brush not to slide in the holder. The little spring just wasn't strong enough to overcome the friction and keep pressure on the brush.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:What happened was when I first installed the motor drive, wasn't careful enough to check where the wires going from the motor drive to the controller. The first time I ran it, the wires caught on the fender and was torn out from the end plate on the motor. I repaired it but some sawdust must have gotten in the brush holder causing the brush not to slide in the holder. The little spring just wasn't strong enough to overcome the friction and keep pressure on the brush.
It is the little things that get us!

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

AND NOW, having a muscle spasm over my right kidney. Just started this afternoon right after building a battery box for the winch. I get this darn thing every year and lasts about a week. Sometimes can hardly walk. Hate this getting old thing. :x

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:AND NOW, having a muscle spasm over my right kidney. Just started this afternoon right after building a battery box for the winch. I get this darn thing every year and lasts about a week. Sometimes can hardly walk. Hate this getting old thing. :x
Can you take muscle relaxants? That may decrease the time.....

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Believe it or not but it's gone. Woke up this morning and no pain. Did take a pain pill the Doc gave me for the root canal last night and that seemed to took care of it. Feel great now.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:Believe it or not but it's gone. Woke up this morning and no pain. Did take a pain pill the Doc gave me for the root canal last night and that seemed to took care of it. Feel great now.
Great! Glad to know.