What do you think?

Software/editing and printing all in one.
Sparkey

Re: What do you think?

Post by Sparkey »

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Think there is something going on with my submit key. Everytime I try to submit a message, I get a message that states that Sparkey is bumping again and I have to wait until he is finished. :x
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

JohnSR wrote:Think there is something going on with my submit key. Everytime I try to submit a message, I get a message that states that Sparkey is bumping again and I have to wait until he is finished. :x

Proper order as never thought the Mollies would be that quick after I put out the call. :lol:

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Ok, you got me on that one. Who are the Molly Maguires? Sound like the name of a ship or some woman's name. Were they coal miners or a bunch or rednecks?

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

JohnSR wrote:Ok, you got me on that one. Who are the Molly Maguires? Sound like the name of a ship or some woman's name. Were they coal miners or a bunch or rednecks?
Rebel coal miners being kind or a bunch of thugs ?????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molly_Maguires

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Interesting reading. Looks like there were a few over here in the USA but had to stay way undercover due to all the hanging in the mid 1800's. All a person had to be thought of as a Molly Maguire, they were hung. I can see their point though. With all the mine deaths, someone had the step in and It looks like the unions wasn't helping that much. It seems there are a lot of misunderstanding about them as some groups think they were never in the USA while others belive they were here but using a different name. They probably are still active to this day in the USA but we call them "Rednecks" now. Sparkey, thanks for the link. Am going to spend some time reading it.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Well, the Epson 3880 has been ordered. It should arrive by next Wednesday!

I also ordered some 13x19 inch semi-matte paper, and 11x17 inch OHP transparency film. The OHP will be used for making digital negatives that I can use with my plate burner. I will be making cyanotypes to start with on the plate burner. Once I have figured out how to make the cyanotypes, I will get the 17x22 inch OHP for larger prints.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

When I bought the HP130, ordered semi-gloss , Satin and matte. Of the three I like the satin the best. The matte always looked to flat to me. Glossy was just to glossy for my taste. Hope the semi-matte works for you.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Time will tell. I can always try a different paper.

By the way. I have been having a local business make me 12x18 inch stretched canvas pirnts. With the new printer, I can make my own. I just need to find the source for the frames.