What do you think?

Software/editing and printing all in one.
jon.oman

What do you think?

Post by jon.oman »

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/control ... 771&is=REG

The obscene thing is the cost of the ink! Other than that, have you heard anything good about it?

JohnSR

Re: What do you think?

Post by JohnSR »

Looks like a good printer. I was reading the specs and can't figure out how many print heads it has. My HP Designjet 130 has one for each color. I like that idea as when one goes bad only have to replace it. They are cheaper than the color carts. So far have only had to replace one at the cost of $34.50. They are like the inks, just pop it out and plug the new one in.

Other than not knowing about the print heads, think I would be interested in one even though the inks would cost $540.00 to replace all of them. I see the ink has a open life of six months once installed but am sure a person could go way pass that time. HP finally got rid of the expiring of two years on their inks. I also have a Business inkjet 1100 that has a yellow cart that is expired and the printer won't activate. It's still half full so I roll back the date on the computer to last year before turning on the printer. It works that way. Sure ole HP will figure out a way to put a stop to that practice in the future.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

I think it only has one head, so it would be expensive to replace. I never thought of changing the computer date to get around the six month issue. Can it be that simple? It must be, unless the printer has a built in clock and battery. Great idea! I'm not sure I want to spend this kind of money though. The do have the R1400 that prints up to 13x19 and only costs about $500.00. The ink cartridges are a lot smaller though, so the overall costs would be greater for it.

So many things to think of!

By the way, is there any problem these days in not using a printer for a few weeks/months? Before, that would kill the print heads!

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

I don't know about the other brands but my HP 130 and 1100 don't have any problems sitting for a month or so. I do believe they do a head check each time they are started and if they see a problem, run a head cleaning. Each printer has individual The inks are large carts so takes a long time to go through the ink. The inks are vivera type so supposed to have a 100 year life under glass. Have some photos in bright sun (when we get it) for over ten years before they changed to this type of ink and can't see any fading so maybe this ink will last that long. The only thing I don't like is it isn't water resistant. So have to be careful with people handling the prints. If I am showing some, I keep a box of latex gloves close by.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

The inks on the Epson printers I am looking at are pigment inks. So, water should not impact them.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

the price..............

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Sparkey wrote:the price..............

Yes, there is that.......

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

jon.oman wrote:
Sparkey wrote:the price..............

Yes, there is that.......

Very expensive for printer. You must be planning on doing a lot of printing.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

It's nice to have a large printer for the times a person wants a large photo.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

JohnSR wrote:It's nice to have a large printer for the times a person wants a large photo.
Down to camera shop for me