jon.oman

Re: D3X

Post by jon.oman »

Sparkey wrote:
jon.oman wrote:
Sparkey wrote:Rumour has that Nikon has signed up a new pro photog. :o
So nothing real yet.
Nope. :oops:
Well, maybe in the next two months, but then you would have to wait for Christmas to get it!

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

I'm wondering if Nikon will come out with a new camera so soon. Sure, I see all the rumors on DP but heck, the D3 has only been out for seven months. The guys over on DP was yelling for the D3X two months after the D3 was released and before most of us had them. I read someplace where digital would have to get up to 20/25 mp before it would be close to film. For some reason I just can't believe that as the D200 at 10 mp and D3 at 12 mp can go up to a 24X36 inch photo and still stay together. Don't think I was ever able to do that with a 35 mm film neg.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:I'm wondering if Nikon will come out with a new camera so soon. Sure, I see all the rumors on DP but heck, the D3 has only been out for seven months. The guys over on DP was yelling for the D3X two months after the D3 was released and before most of us had them. I read someplace where digital would have to get up to 20/25 mp before it would be close to film. For some reason I just can't believe that as the D200 at 10 mp and D3 at 12 mp can go up to a 24X36 inch photo and still stay together. Don't think I was ever able to do that with a 35 mm film neg.
A 35mm film negative had to be extremely good to get to 16x20! The largest digital print I have made so far is 12x18 inches. But, I'm sure I could go larger!