Sparkey

Re: Nikon D4 Announced

Post by Sparkey »

Sparkey wrote:Yepp.

Should get Sr typing anyway..........he he. :mrgreen:

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

I'm thinking about the rumered D800. With 36MP, it would be a great landscape camera, and since the DX mode gives about 12MP, it can still be used for wildlife/long lenses.

I think that John Sr. is stocking his survival gear/locker.....

Haven't seen him here in a while.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

With the D3 being as good as it is, don't think I'll upgrade this time around. Think I mentioned of buying a Nook Color. Well a couple weeks after, ordered a special memory card for it which makes it into a I-Pad look alike. I'm still learning what it can do. Well Christmas, my daughter bought me a Kindle Fire.(don't ask me why as she knew I had the NC) Anyway it is a nice little pad except unlike the Nook Color, it don't have a memory card slot. Have to hook it up to the computer by USB cable (which isn't included). It does have WIFI like the NC though. With the cost for the KF being $199.00 you would think the company would have included a USB cable. I had to order one from Amazon as none of the store had one. It is a special USB cable. Even the one for the Nook Color wouldn't fit.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Nothing rose to bait so will have to wait for D5 or 6

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:With the D3 being as good as it is, don't think I'll upgrade this time around. Think I mentioned of buying a Nook Color. Well a couple weeks after, ordered a special memory card for it which makes it into a I-Pad look alike. I'm still learning what it can do. Well Christmas, my daughter bought me a Kindle Fire.(don't ask me why as she knew I had the NC) Anyway it is a nice little pad except unlike the Nook Color, it don't have a memory card slot. Have to hook it up to the computer by USB cable (which isn't included). It does have WIFI like the NC though. With the cost for the KF being $199.00 you would think the company would have included a USB cable. I had to order one from Amazon as none of the store had one. It is a special USB cable. Even the one for the Nook Color wouldn't fit.
John, Other than what you mentioned about the Kindle Fire, how well does it work compared to the Nook? Any better, or worse? Too close to call?

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

I think it is pretty close. It may be a little faster as it has tqo processors compared to one in the NC. I don't like it's sartup screen but that can probably be changed. There are so many apps. for them on the net, think if a person know how, he could make it look the way he wants. The Kindle is lighter than the Nook Color so makes reading easier. It sure beats the cost of an I-Pod.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Good to know. I have an older Kindle, and I like it. Would be nice to have color, and more options though.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

So nobody wants the D4. :mrgreen: