Hosting pictures

We'll see what we can do!
NWcityguy2

Hosting pictures

Post by NWcityguy2 »

In a couple of threads I have hosted pictures, and they are fine the day I do it, but then a couple days latee they are just the little box with a red X in it. I have double checked my pbase account and they are still there at the same address, so I don't know what is causing this. Any thoughts?

jon.oman

Re: Hosting pictures

Post by jon.oman »

NWcityguy2 wrote:In a couple of threads I have hosted pictures, and they are fine the day I do it, but then a couple days latee they are just the little box with a red X in it. I have double checked my pbase account and they are still there at the same address, so I don't know what is causing this. Any thoughts?
Adam,

I've noticed this myself with images hosted from PBase. At this time, I don't know why it is happening, but I will investigate it. More later.....

P.S. Do me a favor, and look at the oldest message in the critique forum. See if the images that I posted from SmugMug show up for you. They do for me, but I have not cleaned out my cache for a while.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

That ugly baby bird is still there on my end, Jon :D Have heard others complain about PBase and posting photos. I have found when trying to view someones photos, it take forever to load and I have a fast server or whatever it is called.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:That ugly baby bird is still there on my end, Jon :D Have heard others complain about PBase and posting photos. I have found when trying to view someones photos, it take forever to load and I have a fast server or whatever it is called.
Thanks for looking into this John. I'll still look at the phpBB forum to see if they have any information. Maybe there is a work-around.

NWcityguy2

Post by NWcityguy2 »

Thanks, let me know if you figure something out. Until then I'll just leave links.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

NWcityguy2 wrote:Thanks, let me know if you figure something out. Until then I'll just leave links.
So far, no luck. It is like finding that needle in a haystack. I will keep trying!

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Test image:

Does case matter?:

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

jon.oman wrote:Test image:

Does case matter?:

Yes it does!

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

I left a message on the phpBB forum. Maybe they will tell me there is a solution.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Got a red x on you post, Jon.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.