Its the Happy New Year thread....

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
JohnSR

Re: Its the Happy New Year thread....

Post by JohnSR »

jon.oman wrote:If you believe in the literal translation of the old testament, you don't believe in carbon dating.
Even when I was a kid, had problems with the human race only being here this short time. It's almost like there were two or more different group of people here. One group which came from the Garden of Eden, if we can believe that story, and the others that came up through evolution. If I remember correctly our native Americans can be traced back almost 25,000 years when the glaciers were retreating from the last ice age.

This past summer, my son, grand daughter and I visited some caves in the Cascade Mountains where prehistoric man lived. The scientist dated the site back 12,000 years by examining old animal bone buried there. There were some scratching on the wall where it looked like they were trying to draw something. That could have been done later though. I'm not sure about the findings because Mt Saint Helens is only about 25 miles away and according to history, it blows up about every 100 years. These caves would have been right in the blast zone. Guess they could have survived if they were deep in the caves as the last eruption in 1980 didn't bother it. The blast went over the top of the mountain but lots of ash did fall down in the canyon. When we visited, the river had already washed most of it away.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.