Did you know?

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
JohnSR

Did you know?

Post by JohnSR »

That the earliest Americans were in Washington and Oregon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paisley_Caves It looks like they came over the land bridge between Asia and Alaska around 14,000 years ago and moved down the West Coast. According to this article, there were only one-time migration of large group of Asians instead of a continuous string of people that some reports claim. I always wondered why the Indians around here looked like Asians. They must have spread East as time went by. We have a lot of prehistorical sites in Washington and Oregon and plan to visit some of them this Summer.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Re: Did you know?

Post by jon.oman »

Interesting. I would like to visit some of the sites as well. Too bad I don't have the money to travel. Oh well......

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Hey guys, check this out. http://www2.tbo.com/content/2011/jan/05 ... ts-tampa-/ $0 miles a year? that is a lot. Maybe Ireland will slide into North America one of these days. :D

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

I had seen reports on the shift of the magnetic pole before. First time I have seen any actual impact! The only thing we really need to worry about is if the north and south poles reverse themselves. That would have a LARGE impact!

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

jon.oman wrote:I had seen reports on the shift of the magnetic pole before. First time I have seen any actual impact! The only thing we really need to worry about is if the north and south poles reverse themselves. That would have a LARGE impact!
It has happened in the past. Wonder what would happen if it took place now other than our compass pointing in the wrong direction. About all the travel depends on the satellite navigation. Even my autos have GPS. Sunspot activity seem to have more effect on them than the flux lines.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Don't forget about the birds and animals! They use the magnetic lines to navigate during their migrations. Just think about them going south, when they should have gone north!

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

jon.oman wrote:Don't forget about the birds and animals! They use the magnetic lines to navigate during their migrations. Just think about them going south, when they should have gone north!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Saw a flock of geese heading south this morning when I was walking Mary Ann. Must be getting real cold up north. Wonder if ole Sparkey caught Mary's flu? Haven't seen him around for a couple days.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Flu spreads quickly.....