Just a heads up

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
jon.oman

Re: Just a heads up

Post by jon.oman »

I'm back!

My computer died though the first time I turned it on. "CPU has overheated" Not a good sign!

I have images! Maybe some keepers. If this system does not die, I'll post some in the next day or two.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Sorry to hear that Jon.

Know how it feels and it aint nice.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

The cooling fan that is part of the power supply died. That caused the CPU to overheat. I replaced the power supply today.....

I may have some images tomorrow....

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

This old computer keeps plugging along. Over the years have probably replaced all the parts. Have been thinking of getting a new one. Just hate to have to reload all the programs I use though.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

I bought another USB backup drive. The old one died, and needs to go back to the manufacturer. It is still under warranty. I'm in the process of backing up my data now. This should take all night! Amazing how much space my images take up! I orriginally built this system. It is about five years old. I hope to keep it going for a long time yet!

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

3 external back up drives here. 1 Tb drive in Mac recently replaced the original 500

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

My computer has a 1 TB internal drive. I did plan on having two 1 TB external backup drives, but I never got the second one. When the bad one is replaced, I will have two backup drifes.

The backup of my internal drive took about 15 hours. I'm looking at the result now.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

The new Western Digital MyBook Essential has been somewhat interesting to use. Turns out the included backup software is a real hog on resources. So much so, I had to un-install it. It was not usable at all, because it slowed the computer down so much, it would lock up for minutes at a time! I'm going to write my own backup program. I think I can do better than WD!