The Telephone

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
JohnSR

The Telephone

Post by JohnSR »

Boy do I feel like an Irishman today. Have been fighting a problem with my telephone line. I knew the problem was in the house someplace. The only way to check each line was to disconnect it from the main box. Thought I had found the problem which was the line to the TV set. Repairing it and hooking everything back up discovered the phone in the bedroom wasn't working. Checked and rechecked everything and after putting the meter on the line discovered it was open.

Figured I must have snagged it on something when I pulled it under the house a few years ago and it finally broke. So today went down to the hardware store and purchased another 100 feet of telephone wire. Opened the main box and disconnected the black coax wire and prepared to attach the new wire. When I reached down to pick up the old coax cable noticed there were two of them on the ground, Lights flashed, bells rang and I saw Sparkey standing behind me laughing his butt off.

Thought I only had one black coax cable running under the house but there were two. One of the bedroom and the other for the dining room. After hooking them all up, all the phones are working fine.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

Sparkey

Re: The Telephone

Post by Sparkey »

Felt like an Irishman......

I see a slap coming. :shock:

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

I've had days like that! Did you return the wire?

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

No, thought I better keep it as we seem to have lots of trouble with the wire that runs to Betty's shop and had to replace it twice so it won't be long before it gives out again. It is a 100 foot run and branches are always falling on it. Tried to bury it one time and the chipmunks chewed thru it. That was another two days of wasted time trying to find where the problem was. Guess that is the price of living in the country. :D

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Why not bury it inside the gray electrical conduit that you can buy? I don't think the chipmunks would chew through that!

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Thought about that a few years ago but it looked like to much work at the time. We have a building between Betty's shop and the box plus a bunch of cedars trees that I would have to cut through roots to dig a ditch. Think just replacing the coax is the easy way. Besides I can see when it breaks this way.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Maybe when ole Sparkey comes over, I can get him to dig the ditch for me. :lol: :lol:

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

JohnSR wrote:Maybe when ole Sparkey comes over, I can get him to dig the ditch for me. :lol: :lol:

:o :o :o

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

I think you should knock the house down and inspect those cables properly.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: