Another snow storm

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
JohnSR

Re: Another snow storm

Post by JohnSR »

Oh my goodness, ole Sparkey is back. Where have you been old man?
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Right now, it is 81 degrees F.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

I envy you it is just above freezing with snow mixed with rain. Am setting here sorting my photos and waiting for Betty to come back from shopping with lunch :D

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

JohnSR wrote:Oh my goodness, ole Sparkey is back. Where have you been old man?
Never too far away from the screen.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Glad to see you back. Jon's no fun to pick on :lol: Still raining here but it did warm up some. All the snow is gone. Suppose to be sunny this weekend. Maybe Spring is around the corner. Hope so as my tobacco plants are starting to get big.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

I'll have to work on my funny bone!

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

jon.oman wrote:I'll have to work on my funny bone!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Jon, how is the darkroom coming along. Is it in your house or did you build it outside in another building?

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

I have a 16x24 foot shed next to my garage. I use it for my lawn tractor, etc. On the back end, I had partitioned off an 8x16 foot room. That was to store my daughters stuff when she got back from Iraq, and moved here from Michigan. Well, she has since married and taken all of her stuff with her. That freed up the back room. In framing in this room for the darkroom, I have ended up with a room about 8x15 feet. I ran an electrical line to the shed, and put in a breaker box that is controlled by a 30 amp breaker. This is what I used to wire up the darkroom. I have a 120 volt 25 amp line for a ten gallon water heater, a dedicated 120 volt 20 amp line for my plate burner, and another one for the rest of the outlets. I also have one line just for the lights. I have finished the framing, the electrical, and the insulation. I just got back from Home Depot with 14 sheets of 1/2 inch drywall. I'll start to hang it tomorrow.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

That should wear you out. I always hated hanging sheet rock along with all the taping and mudding that goes along with it. Betty and I sheet rocked her 24X24 foot shop and I told myself I would never do that again. The walls wasn't too bad, it was the ceiling that got to me even using one of those sheet rock jacks, it was a big job. Then we had to tape and mud the building. I had a hard time cutting out the electrical box holes. They all seem to be a half inch off even with trying to be careful with the measurement, For awhile thought I was an Irishman due to the way those holes came out :D Thank god for tape ad mud.