Another snow storm

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
jon.oman

Re: Another snow storm

Post by jon.oman »

So, what's a sheet rock jack? Don't you know that real men do without?

A few years ago I remodeled our 'mother-in-law' suite. Tore it down to the studs, and hung new drywall. The main room is about 16x16, and the bedroom/bath is about 12x18. That was fun. Especially the mudding and sanding. I even made one wall curved! Last year I did the same thing to our utility room. An upstairs shower basin failed and the utility room ceiling caved in. I never liked the cheap fake wood paneling in that room, so I tore it all out and put in drywall. I hate working with drywall! But, here I go again! At least I will have fun when the darkroom is done.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

jon.oman wrote:So, what's a sheet rock jack? Don't you know that real men do without?

A few years ago I remodeled our 'mother-in-law' suite. Tore it down to the studs, and hung new drywall. The main room is about 16x16, and the bedroom/bath is about 12x18. That was fun. Especially the mudding and sanding. I even made one wall curved! Last year I did the same thing to our utility room. An upstairs shower basin failed and the utility room ceiling caved in. I never liked the cheap fake wood paneling in that room, so I tore it all out and put in drywall. I hate working with drywall! But, here I go again! At least I will have fun when the darkroom is done.

A sheet rock jack is a devce where you put a sheet on it and jack it up agaist the ceiling. I tried using a tee made out of 2X4s but the jack was so much better.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

I was pulling your leg. I knew what a drywall jack is!

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Are you using nails or the sheetrock screws. I had always used sheetrock nails until I found the screws. They are so much easier to use, Don't take as much mud to cover them,
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

I have always used screws. At least for the last 10-15 years.

Today, I got caught up in other things, and have not worked on the darkroom. Hopefully tomorrow!