Stay safe!

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
jon.oman

Stay safe!

Post by jon.oman »

John,

I hope you don't have any family on the coast. I believe you are far enough away so that you will not be affected?

JohnSR

Re: Stay safe!

Post by JohnSR »

Guess it was only about a foot and a half on the Washington coast but Cresent City,California sure got hit hard. Lots of boats destroyed down there. Didn't hear anything about it getting into Puget Sound. The danger here is a big quake happening along a fault that runs under Seattle and Tacoma. If we get one as big a the one that hit Japan, there won't be much left of Seattle
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Sparkey, do you have any earthquakes in Ireland? I don't remember ever hearing about any hitting Europe but was in Greece when a big one hit down there in 1961. Lot of damage but most was due to homes being built out of rocks.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

After the fact, I was surprised that someone on the west coast was pulled out to sea and lost. I thought people had been told to stay away from the water?

My best friend lives in Seatle. He said that the wave was about 1.7 feet. It didn't do much, if anything.

I really feel for the people in Japan.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

jon.oman wrote:After the fact, I was surprised that someone on the west coast was pulled out to sea and lost. I thought people had been told to stay away from the water?

My best friend lives in Seatle. He said that the wave was about 1.7 feet. It didn't do much, if anything.

I really feel for the people in Japan.
It seems we always lose someone when this happens. People are told the dangers but because we live in the USA, there isn't much the authorities can do if a person wants to go down to the beach and take photos. Was surprised there wasn't more deaths. Heck there were even people out surfing the big waves.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

JohnSR wrote:Sparkey, do you have any earthquakes in Ireland? I don't remember ever hearing about any hitting Europe but was in Greece when a big one hit down there in 1961. Lot of damage but most was due to homes being built out of rocks.

Not that I am aware of.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Well if you wake up and your bed is bouncing arcoss the floor you will know you had one :lol: :lol:

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

And don't forget the big BOOM!

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

:o :o :o