Another Storm

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
JohnSR

Another Storm

Post by JohnSR »

We are getting hit with another big storm. Lots of rain and looks like it will last for a couple days. Trouble is it is a warm storm and the freezing level is up to 6000 ft so all that snow is going to melt. We have several rivers on flood alert. It shouldn't effect me as I live on a hill but 2 miles from me is a old folks home sitting right on the river bank. Every year they have to evacuate it due to high water.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Re: Another Storm

Post by jon.oman »

I don't understand why they build in a flood zone! I would not do that, even if it was a 50 year thing.

We have had constant rain for the last few days. It will not dry up until the weekend.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Know what you mean. Am surprised the state hasn't made them move. A couple years ago we had a big storm with lots of snow melt. The people at the dam had to open the flood gates to keep the dam from busting. The water got so high that the only bridge from McKenna to Yelm was under water. The old folks home had water that completely filled the first floor. Soon as the water retreated, contractors were in there removing the sheet rock and carpet. The building was back in service in less than a month. It is just a matter of time before it happens again. Think the home is owned by a bunch of Irishmen. :lol:

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

you had to put that in there.......

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:Think the home is owned by a bunch of Irishmen. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Could be they wasn't Irishmen but Scotts. The name of the town is McKenna. Naaaaw, they are Irish. Met a couple when donating some books to the home on ST Patty's day and they were dressed in green. Not sure what green has to do with the holiday though. It has always been a day to drink green beer and claim we are all Irish :D