Weather

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
Sparkey

Re: Weather

Post by Sparkey »

no wonder I hate dentists.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

I actually like dentists! I think I was one in a former life.....

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Today is about 90 degrees, and sunny!

I posted some more images from Magnolia. I spent the morning there. I also explored a few different trails. Walked my buns off!

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Temp today 60 with rain. When I first went out to the mill it wasn't raining. I needed three 3 1/2X3 1/2X8 foot. By the time I got the first log loaded I was soaked. Figured since I was wet might as well cut the small beams. Am building another open air storage area for the Cedar. Yesterday cut a bunch of 2X6X12. That was some very heavy planks. Could tell I am 73 years old :lol: The UPS guy bought 1400 1X6X7 feet Cedar planks from me. He is building a 700 foot fence around his property. Glad it is him instead of me nailing all those boards. Sure enjoying the machine. Hey Sparkey, you having a good time in La La land? How many misspelled words do I have? :roll:
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

I sure wish you lived down the street from me! Are you cutting any hardwood?

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Did cut some oak with the old machine and still have a bunch of it left. Will be cutting some Alder and Maple in a couple weeks. Hate Maple as it splits so easy. It always scares me when planking it and it explodes on the machine. So far haven't did any damage to the machine when it happens. Won't cut maple when I see there is any stress in the log.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Sure would love to see that machine in action.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:Did cut some oak with the old machine and still have a bunch of it left. Will be cutting some Alder and Maple in a couple weeks. Hate Maple as it splits so easy. It always scares me when planking it and it explodes on the machine. So far haven't did any damage to the machine when it happens. Won't cut maple when I see there is any stress in the log.
One thing that I have wanted to build is a custom weaving loom. A real heavy beast with 4x6 beams. Something that I can weave rugs on, but other cloth as well. I have always wanted to use birch. I really like how it machines, and looks.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

38 deg on patio last evening at 20.30 and to be hotter today.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Sparkey wrote:38 deg on patio last evening at 20.30 and to be hotter today.
That is a bit warm!