Summer is over

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
JohnSR

Summer is over

Post by JohnSR »

The clouds are back and the temp is in the mid 60's Supposed to get rain by the weekend. We had 7 days where the temp was in the 80's with one day it got up to 95 degrees. Sorry summer and looks like we may be in for a bad winter. The squirrels are cutting and storing pine cones like crazy. The ants are building up their nest larger that I have ever seen. Rosey (Horse) is already getting a heavy winter coat and the caterpillars have a very wide black band around their bodies. With all these indicators, think we are in for it.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Re: Summer is over

Post by jon.oman »

200 to 300 inches of snow?

We are supposed to get temps in the low 70's this weekend. That is cooler than the mid-80s to low-90s we have been getting!

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Heck, they got over twenty feet of snow in the mountains last winter. The ski resorts were open halfway through August. Hope all the snow is gone now or we may have another small "ice age" up here.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Do you think an 'ice age' would be better than 'global warming'?

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

NO, at least with 'global warming' we can still grow food. Kind of hard when the ground is frozen :roll:

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

over....it never started over here.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

How was the summer in Ireland this year? Noticed you spent a lot of time in France so figured the wx was pretty bad at home.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

We are officially into Fall. For the last few days we have been getting rain. Something that we need, since we are still about eight inches low for the year. Through it all, I have been working on my darkroom. I finally have AC installed. Tomorrow, I will work on the plumbing. Who knows, I may be ready to use it by the end of the week!

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

A big wind storm with a lot of rain just hitting us right now. Went out to feed the horses and the hay was blown out of my hands. Had to tye down the canvas over the archery target to keep the straw dry. Guess the wind is supposed to last through the night so probably will lose the lights. We were without power yesterday for about 3 hours as a big cottonwood tree fell onto the power lines about a mile from me. Glad I have the camper to get into. Guess it is time to fuel up the generators.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

John, have you ever thought that you live too far out in the country?