Where is Summer?

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
JohnSR

Where is Summer?

Post by JohnSR »

50 degrees last night and foggy today. Temp is supposed to get up to 75 degrees but not sure if it will make it that high. So far we haven't had a summer. My son, granddaughter and I are going camping this weekend as the weather is supposed to get near 80 degrees. That is if we can find a camping spot. The homeless has taken over most of the campgrounds that are near towns so we have to go way back into the mountains to get away from them and find a good spot.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Re: Where is Summer?

Post by jon.oman »

I'd send you some of my summer if i could! Temps have been in the low to high 90's for weeks.

Have fun camping!

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Plenty of real summer down in South of France.
So much am heading back for another 10 days shortly.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Hey John, are you back from camping? I hope you had a great time!

Sparkey, only a few more days to your next trip? I bet you can't wait!

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Would you believe the first day of 90 plus and I am out camping. It was terrible. We only stayed one night as the heat was so bad plus the camping spot next to my son and granddaughter had a bunch of idiots in it. Thought for awhile my son and them were going to get into it. Guess it was a good thing we left when we did. It has cooled off now with temps back in the 70's. Am heading out to get the oil changed it the car as Betty has a bunch of running to do and the car is about due. Need to pick up another set of gloves while I'm out as that sawmill is rough on them. The leather gloves last about two weeks.

Did I complain about the price of nails? Finally ran out of the 50 pounds of nail I purchased a couple years ago. Took a trip to the lumber yard to get some more. Decided I only needed 4 pounds. Would you believe they came to $8.00. Asked the clerk if that was correct and was told the price of steel is way up and all iron products goes up and down like gold and silver. So now will have to watch the stock market to see when the price of steel drops jut to buy nails

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

A temp of 90 plus is an average day here! But, I don't think I would like to be camping either.

I use an air operated framing nailer for the big stuff. Those nails have never been cheap! They are fastened in strips with paper or plastic, and have a heat sensitive glue on them. Once nailed, they are almost impossible to get out.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Every time I build something, think I should get a nail gun but keep holding off. Was told if I ever used one, I would never be without it. Still holding out though. Love my hammer :lol:

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Click, bang!

That's all it takes..........

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

I have bent more nails with a hammer, than I have nailed into a board!

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Before going on the camping trip, dropped a large fir. Have been out today cutting the limbs off and cutting it into manageable lengths. So far got three 12 footers, three 8 footers and still have half of the tree to go. Trouble now is I'm in the area where most of the branches are. Lot of cutting still to go.