Tomorrow

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
JohnSR

Tomorrow

Post by JohnSR »

Busy day tomorrow. The band saw blade sharpener and setter arrives in the morning by truck at about the same time the Dish Network guy is supposed to check out my box. It got hit at the same time all the other things were wiped out by the lightening strike. It still works but lock up every so often and the caller ID isn't working at all. Think they will just replace the whole thing.

Had a guy come over Saturday and buy all the cedar I had cut so now have room for the sharpener. Don't know where I am going to put any cedar I cut now, maybe build another shed.

I tried to give away a planer but no one would take it so decided to see if it could be fixed. It had not been used in five years and wouldn't run. Checked the brushes and found one frozen and had a heck of a time getting it out. Ordered a new bush set though the net and they arrived yesterday. Put they in and the machine works fine. Betty is happy that I didn't have to purchase a new one. Am waiting for the blades/knife to come in and it will be ready.

Temp here is the 70's and the garden is growing like crazy. The green beans are coming in faster than we can pick them. The squash and cabbage are about ready. One thing I won't grow next year is Swiss Chard. That is some nasty tasting stuff. The Swiss can keep it or give it to the French :lol: .
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Re: Tomorrow

Post by jon.oman »

Looks like you are having fun John! I have been busy, and this is the first time I have been on the forum since Wednesday? I'm not sure.

My wife has wanted to replace her old Acer laptop for most of this year. She kept putting it off, because of car repair expenses (her car). Anyway, I was tired of her waiting, so I bought her a Leveno laptop on Thursday. It has 8GB of memory, and a 750GB hard drive. It also has an I5 intel processor. The big thing, is the built in camera for Scype. She wants to see our grandson and daughter in Iowa. I have spent the past couple of days getting it set up for her, and transfering her files from the old computer. Anyway, I have been busy!

John, I wish we lived closer together. With my workshop, and your lumber, I think they would go together well!

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Heck, hook up a trailer and I will load you down. Have more lumber now that I can ever use.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:Heck, hook up a trailer and I will load you down. Have more lumber now that I can ever use.
That would be great, but I don't think I could stand the drive!

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Know what you mean. Thought about going down to Southern Oregon but the more I thought about it the tirer I got. Just the trip over to Yakima which was a 3 hour drive one way wore me out. Guess we will just have to leave the traveling to ole Sparkey :lol:

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Check my gallery. The last two photos are of the sharpener and setter. Got them set up yesterday and spend the afternoon learning and sharpening blades. Had twelve dull blades so got lot of practice. Takes about 4 minutes to sharpen a 158 inch blade and that includes setting the teeth. The setter sets the inside and outside tooth on the downward and two on the upward stroke. As you can see, there are two dial indicators, one for the inside and the other for the outside tooth. The setter works very good and fast compared to my old setter.

Spent this morning wiring in a couple lights over the machines so I can see better. When I build the table thought it would be large enough for both machines but with the outriggers used to hold the blade round, there just wasn't enough room. So before I could use the setter, had to knock out another table. Sure is nice having the building supplies handy

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Those are pretty darn cool! There is nothing like a sharp tool, or one that makes it so......

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

JohnSR wrote:Know what you mean. Thought about going down to Southern Oregon but the more I thought about it the tirer I got. Just the trip over to Yakima which was a 3 hour drive one way wore me out. Guess we will just have to leave the traveling to ole Sparkey :lol:

You hitting the sauce in the afternoon again ?

Mail me the linky to the pics of this tool in action pls.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Sparkey, it up in the gallery on the top of this page