Getting cold

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
JohnSR

Getting cold

Post by JohnSR »

Temp this morning was 35 degrees. The lower pasture had frost. Am working on a cover for the sawmill and should have the roof finished today. Will be able to move the mill back under the cover before the rains start. Will post some photos of it when it is finished. It should be able to withstand whatever is going to happen on 12-21-2012 :lol:
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Re: Getting cold

Post by jon.oman »

I can't believe it! 35!
We are still having temps in the mid-80's, lows in the mid-60's.

You must be having fun John. All that ripping and building......

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

So much to get done before the cold, wet weather sets in. :?

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Don't over-do!

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Temps have dropped slightly over here too. 14 deg in car today.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Harvest 5 heads of cabbage from the garden and just got it shredded and in the crock. Should have sauerkraut in a week or so.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:Harvest 5 heads of cabbage from the garden and just got it shredded and in the crock. Should have sauerkraut in a week or so.
Boy does that sound good!

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

JohnSR wrote:Harvest 5 heads of cabbage from the garden and just got it shredded and in the crock. Should have sauerkraut in a week or so.
you can eat it with a few frogs legs..............

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

So, what is happening?

Things are getting cooler here, low 80's!

There is a city sewer team outside my place tearing up the storm sewers. Mostly in my neighbor's yard across the street. This is the second day, and I don't know how long it will last. By the looks of it, they are putting in at least thirty feet of two foot diameter pipe. The old concrete pipe must have colapsed.

I have not been able to go out to make images for a while. I am still working on a programming project. Maybe by the end of the month I will be done with that! I sure would like to get out!

My wife broke three bones in her left foot about three weeks ago. I've been doing the 'mule' work ever since. In the last few days, it has gotten easier for her, because she can now put weight on the heel of the 'boot' she has been using. Before this, she had to use crutches, or a wheelchair. This next Monday, she will go in for more xrays to see how things are healing.

That's it for now!

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Sorry to hear about the wife's injury. Guess I have been lucky as never had a broken bone. Weather is nice up here, little cold at night 20-30's at night but 60-70's in the daytime. Still no rain. Think we have gone 60 days without the wet stuff. Have a guy coming over this weekend to pick up 200 b/f of seasoned Alder. Ran one of the boards through the planer to see what it looks like. Very nice stuff. It has been aging for 7 years with a moisture contents down to 3 percent. Will make some nice cabinets.
Probably should keep it for my own use :lol: