Here it comes

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
JohnSR

Here it comes

Post by JohnSR »

First storm for this fall. It is supposed to hit Friday and last through Monday. According to the WX man, we should get a lot of rain from it. We really need it as we still have a bunch of forest fires burning in the mountains. I got most of my projects finished so let it rain :D
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Re: Here it comes

Post by jon.oman »

Well, I hope you do not get washed away! Isn't it nice to know that your work is done?

By the way, check out the following link:

http://www.gophotog.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=555

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

So far just a mist. Not even enough to get the ground wet. Want to start up the kiln but still too dry as it is heated by a wood stove. Just don't want to take a chance yet with everything being so dry.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:So far just a mist. Not even enough to get the ground wet. Want to start up the kiln but still too dry as it is heated by a wood stove. Just don't want to take a chance yet with everything being so dry.
I did not know that you have a kiln. I thought you were air drying your lumber. You must have at least one of everything!

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Hammered with more rain again yesterday. Got caught on motorway on bike in middle of it.
Gortex gear saved me from getting wet.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Sparkey wrote:Hammered with more rain again yesterday. Got caught on motorway on bike in middle of it.

That's why I drive a Ford F150!

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

jon.oman wrote:
Sparkey wrote:Hammered with more rain again yesterday. Got caught on motorway on bike in middle of it.

That's why I drive a Ford F150!

When I an Seniors age I will drive one of them too.................................................... :mrgreen:

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Jon, what is the gas mileage on the pickup? I bought a new 150 back in 1977 and never had a gas hog as bad as that. Maybe my camper is as bad but it has the largeblock 450 in it. Betty's Sierra GMC does real good on gas. 23-25 miles a gallon. It has the 4-speed overdrive trany.
Sparkey, does that suit keep you warm?

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Dry as a bone and toasty too. Not cheap though as this stuff is top end quality.

http://www.dainese-central.com/Dainese- ... 24ZYL.aspx

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:Jon, what is the gas mileage on the pickup? I bought a new 150 back in 1977 and never had a gas hog as bad as that. Maybe my camper is as bad but it has the largeblock 450 in it. Betty's Sierra GMC does real good on gas. 23-25 miles a gallon. It has the 4-speed overdrive trany.
Sparkey, does that suit keep you warm?

I get between 19 and 23 mpg. I have the V8......