La La land again.

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
jon.oman

Re: La La land again.

Post by jon.oman »

Sparkey wrote:That would be a good idea.
I'll try to get it out in the next day or so....

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Sorry guys for not letting you know what is going on here. Been in the hospital and rehab center for the past 2 months. Got out on New Year's eve. Good to be home. What happened was I had a reaction to the medicine they were giving me which caused me to lose my appetite. I couldn't eat anything. Whatever I put in my mouth, it came right back up. Started at 205 pounds and ended up at 128 pounds.

I was starving to death while in the hospital. Well they decided to put a tube in my stomach and feed me through it. Within three days my appetite was returning and was able to hold down solid food. Am now slowing putting the weight back on at about a pound a day. None of this has to do with my lungs. It was that damn chemo. Laying on my butt for 4 months lost a lot of muscle tissue so am having to rebuild all that. When they sent me to the rehab ctr, I couldn't walk on my own. That was on the 3 Dec. Now I can get around with just a little help from my walker. Probably next week should be able to do away with that.

So far the cancer hasn't returned. Just had CAT scan last week and I am clean. The docs all say they think they caught it early and should have good results with the treatments that is if they don't kill me first ha ha.

Jon thanks for the cards. They really help pep me up. Well enough boring you guys with my problem. By the way how is the weather down your way?
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

JohnSR wrote:Sorry guys for not letting you know what is going on here. Been in the hospital and rehab center for the past 2 months. Got out on New Year's eve. Good to be home. What happened was I had a reaction to the medicine they were giving me which caused me to lose my appetite. I couldn't eat anything. Whatever I put in my mouth, it came right back up. Started at 205 pounds and ended up at 128 pounds.

I was starving to death while in the hospital. Well they decided to put a tube in my stomach and feed me through it. Within three days my appetite was returning and was able to hold down solid food. Am now slowing putting the weight back on at about a pound a day. None of this has to do with my lungs. It was that damn chemo. Laying on my butt for 4 months lost a lot of muscle tissue so am having to rebuild all that. When they sent me to the rehab ctr, I couldn't walk on my own. That was on the 3 Dec. Now I can get around with just a little help from my walker. Probably next week should be able to do away with that.

So far the cancer hasn't returned. Just had CAT scan last week and I am clean. The docs all say they think they caught it early and should have good results with the treatments that is if they don't kill me first ha ha.

Jon thanks for the cards. They really help pep me up. Well enough boring you guys with my problem. By the way how is the weather down your way?
Great news.
Hope you better soon and out playing with your saw mill.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:Sorry guys for not letting you know what is going on here. Been in the hospital and rehab center for the past 2 months. Got out on New Year's eve. Good to be home. What happened was I had a reaction to the medicine they were giving me which caused me to lose my appetite. I couldn't eat anything. Whatever I put in my mouth, it came right back up. Started at 205 pounds and ended up at 128 pounds.

Thanks for the update John. I know what can happen with chemo. My wife had a few complications as well....

Right now, it is sunny and cold. It is supposed to get down to about 17 degrees F. tonight. The record low is near that. I'll have to turn on the outdoor spigots to keep them from freezing!