Hurricane

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
JohnSR

Hurricane

Post by JohnSR »

Is that storm going to come close to you Jon? Looks like a real bad one.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Re: Hurricane

Post by jon.oman »

Nope!

The coast will get strong rip tides and erosion, but we should just see some rain from the outer part of the storm. The worst is supposed to pass South Carolina by a large margin.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

When it started raining up here a couple weeks ago, it hasn't stopped. We needed it but not this much. Lot of snow in the mountains. Another band of rain coming in tomarrow. Glad I got most of the outdoor projects done. Now can enjoy my ham radio.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

We are in a drought right now. We are about 6.5 inches down from normal. Today it is raining, but only lightly. The people on the coast (20-25 miles East of me) are getting tropical rains and rather high winds.

I just found out in today's local paper that all of the social security numbers, and if you use a credit card to pay your state taxes, the credit card numbers of people in the state of South Carolina have been stolen by a hacker! I just put a fraud alert on my credit, and on my wife's credit this morning.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Gee, that's too bad. We always use a check to pay our taxes and licenses. Don't trust using the card for that. Guess I'm just old fashion when it comes to money. Still like feeling the paper in my hands :) .

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

My wife does our taxes, and she had to pay into the state either last year or the year before. Since she uses Turbo Tax, she paid through them with a credit card. They only accept online payments. I'm not sure if the credit card information went to the state.....

The biggest problem is with identity theft. The laws protect you from fraudulent credit card charges....