Happy Thanksgiving

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
JohnSR

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by JohnSR »

Turkey is in the oven and betty is busy getting all the trimmings ready. The kids will be here by 2 p.m. or they will miss dinner. No "blackFriday" for us :twisted: Hope you have a very good Thanksgiving.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Post by jon.oman »

Thanks!

We spent the day at my son's place. Only about 10 miles away. We had turkey and all of the trimmings, plus baked ham. A lot of Southern dishes I have never seen before!

No black Friday for us either.....

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Wonder what is in the dinner that makes a person so drousy? This year I held back on how much I ate and even walked around the property with my grand daughter after dinner. It still hit me and had to take an hour nap. Just now started feeling better. Guess I won't have to worry about it next year as 12.21.12 is closing in :lol:

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

We dont celebrate it over here but glad you both had a great day and filled your bellies.
Love Turkey myself and cant wait for Christmas Day when we eat it. :shock:

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Sparkey wrote:We dont celebrate it over here but glad you both had a great day and filled your bellies.
I know that turkey is native to this side of the pond. Are yours raised near you, or are they shipped in from the states?

For some reason, I always thought you guys prefered goose.........

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Forgot to mention that our 20 lb turkey only cost Betty $.89. The clerk messed up when feeding the formula into the cash register. Betty didn't notice it until after she got home and checked the the printout. Wonder how many people got their turkeys for that price?

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:Forgot to mention that our 20 lb turkey only cost Betty $.89. The clerk messed up when feeding the formula into the cash register. Betty didn't notice it until after she got home and checked the the printout. Wonder how many people got their turkeys for that price?
$0.0445 a pound!

We actually have you beat. My wife got ours for free. They even cut it in two parts for free. But, it was about 12 pounds......

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

By the way, my wife is cooking the leftover turkey carcass from yesterday. It is in the soup pot as I write this. Turkey noodle soup!

We came home from our son's place with the turkey remains. For some reason, the remains include one whole breast! This will be good soup, and will be shared with my son and his family.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Yeah, know what you mean. We always strip te turkey and make a soup stock out of it. Lots of celery and onions added. OH SO GOOD!

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

jon.oman wrote:
Sparkey wrote:We dont celebrate it over here but glad you both had a great day and filled your bellies.
I know that turkey is native to this side of the pond. Are yours raised near you, or are they shipped in from the states?

For some reason, I always thought you guys prefered goose.........

http://thefriendlyfarmer.blogspot.ie/