cinnamon rolls

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
jon.oman

cinnamon rolls

Post by jon.oman »

Well, I just finished baking 3+ dozen cinnamon rolls! From scratch. I have a sweet tooth that won't quit.....

JohnSR

Re: cinnamon rolls

Post by JohnSR »

I used to make all our bread when Betty was working. Every so often would make up some sweet dough and roll out cinnamon rolls. Love fresh baked bread. Betty now makes all the breads and pastries. Mary-Ann loves her cookies :D I still cook the steaks and salmon.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

For years if not decades, my wife did all of the cooking and baking. She did make bread, but rarely. Most of her baking was cookies, cakes, and cinnamon rolls. Due to illness, she has not been able to do a lot of the baking. She still does the cooking though.

For the past two plus years, I have been baking the bread. At first, I used a bread machine. But, the thing wore out! For the past year, I have been doing it by hand, using our gas oven. I have also started to make sourdough breads, and this morning, I made French toast using it.

I am slowly adding cooking to my tasks. Ann is the type of cook who never really follows a recipe. But, she is a fantastic cook! Recently, I have been making some of the meals with her direction. As I do it, I write down the recipe. I am putting together a cookbook of her favorite meals.

I also make most of the cookies now, everything from scratch....

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Main course only on this side. No breads deserts or cakes.