Little heat please

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
JohnSR

Re: Little heat please

Post by JohnSR »

I have heard of panic attacks but never knew what they did. Sure hope I never have one.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Looks like our cold snap is about over. According to the TV, we should get rain tomorrow and the temp is suppose to get up in the 40's. Maybe my sawmill will thaw(sp) out. Going to Harbor Freight in the afternoon and pick up one of these http://www.harborfreight.com/6000-lb-of ... 68141.html
Will have to buy a big battery for it and find someone who can weld. Will need a special bracket made to mount it to the sawmill. Don't think I'll ever load a log that this wench can't handle.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Yup! That looks like a good winch....

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

I can't help you with the heat, but I posted some more image threads.....

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

I lucked out. My neighbor who I have been giving all my wood slabs to happened to be a retired welder. Not only that he had all the 1/4 inch plate steel to build the brackets for the winch. He got started on it today and will pull the mill over to his house tomorrow so he can weld the bracket on. Had a log from hell on the mill so today cut it into 5"X5"X12' beams. got four out of it. Glad those logs are finished. They are the ones my tree service friend dropped off. They were so full of knots, cutting them into beams was about all they were good for.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

You lucked out!