Little heat please

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
JohnSR

Little heat please

Post by JohnSR »

Temp is down in the mid teens for the last couple days. Have a job cutting some fir but the logs are frozen and the oiling pad that lubs the rails is frozen to the rails so the mill isn't moving. Guess I'll just have to wait until it warms up some as I don't want to damage the machine. Looking forward to the spring since we made it through 12-21-12 :lol:
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Re: Little heat please

Post by jon.oman »

Well, it is colder here today. High of about 57 degrees F.! Tonight it is supposed to get to a low of 31....

I hope to get out in the next day or two to make some images. It is supposed to be sunny but cold. I'm itching to use the D2x....

Don't damage your machine! So, are you going to put it in a shed, and heat it?

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

It's under cover but open on all sides so I can get the logs in and lumber out. Would be nice to be enclosed but the carbon monoxide from the engine would probably kill me :roll:

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:It's under cover but open on all sides so I can get the logs in and lumber out. Would be nice to be enclosed but the carbon monoxide from the engine would probably kill me :roll:

I think you are right. I didn't think of that!

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Temp hit the minus figures for first time this year. Brrr.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

We've been lucky so far. The coldest has been about -1 C, or 30 F.

Sunny today. High expected of about 20 C, or 68 F!

I might get out this afternoon with the D2x....

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Sparkey wrote:Temp hit the minus figures for first time this year. Brrr.
For some reason I thought Ireland was cold and wet. Do you get much snow?

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

My wife spent four hours in the ER today. Everything's okay, but she has to avoid crowds in the future......

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Sorry to hear that. Hope she feels better. All the hospitals in western Washington are not taking any more sick people. All the beds are full and looks like they may have to start shipping people east of the mountains. With the flu in full swing and air pollution off the scale due to a temp inversion lots of people getting sick. Betty and I are fine and the air around here seems ok. Can just imagine what it must be like in China.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

My wife suffered a panic attack that dropped her blood preasure to the floor. Her lips turned blue, and she was seeing stars. She has never had one that bad before. She was alone at church (I was not there) when it happened. There was a nurse and an EMS person in the church at the time. They thought it was bad enough to call EMS and have her transported to the hospital. I got to the church just before they put her in the ambulance. I did not know that a panic attack could cause such bad symptoms. Anyway, I will be going to church with her from now on.....

I know that the flu is really hitting hard in the West. I did not know that you guys were having a problem with air pollution as well. Stay healthy!