Rough Weekend

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
JohnSR

Rough Weekend

Post by JohnSR »

The first cover I built for the mill wasn't quite long enough to cover the full length. With the winch sticking out from under the cover decided Saturday to add 8 feet to it.The front pole was 5"X5"'X9'. The back one was 5"X5"X8'. Thank goodness for Mr Deere. I wouldn't have got it up without it. Saturday got the frame up after a bunch of chosen words. Sunday nailed all the 8"X1X8' on the top then discovered I was short on felt. Ran down to the lumber store and picked up a roll plus some nails Can't believe what they charge for nails now. Finished up around 3 p.m. My legs just about give out by this time. Even a hot shower didn't help. About midnight they started cramping up. Still had some of the pain pills I got when I had the root canal. Took one and that took care of the problem. Feel good this morning but don't think I'll be climbing any ladders today.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Re: Rough Weekend

Post by jon.oman »

Looking good John, but remember, we are not getting any younger!

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

I keep telling my body that but my brain keeps say "aah come on, you can do it".

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

JohnSR wrote:I keep telling my body that but my brain keeps say "aah come on, you can do it".
the mountain folk on this side would consider that an hours work. :lol: :lol: :lol:

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Probably could have done it in three hours if I had help.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

:D

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Are you riding your bike in the rain? Bet it is hell keeping it up on cobblestones. Do you have wiper on your face shield?

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

JohnSR wrote:Are you riding your bike in the rain? Bet it is hell keeping it up on cobblestones. Do you have wiper on your face shield?
The rain is not a problem but the freezing cold wind is so not much biking lately.

Have been playing golf every week though.......

Cobblestone streets are gone in Dublin except in pedestrian only city centre small streets. More a tourist attraction really.

Yes to wiper on your face shield and its called your glove.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

I remember when stationed in Germany back in the late 1950's riding my bike on those cobblestone streets. Not only did it beat the heck out of my butt, had to be very careful when they were wet. The bike would slip out from under me without any warning. Whats strange was, never saw a German slip on the stones.