Hey!!!

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
JohnSR

Hey!!!

Post by JohnSR »

Did the rapture happen and I got left behind??? Where is everyone?? Did Ireland sink into the ocean? Did S.C. freeze over during the last storm. Maybe Sparkey smacked up his bike and is in the hospital with memory lost. Did the gators get Jon or one of those large oak trees fell on him. Maybe Sparkey is in France and ate some funny mushrooms. Could be he had a heat stroke. Hope Jon didn't breath to much D76. Come on guys, it's been over a week without a post.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Re: Hey!!!

Post by jon.oman »

I've been busy! MRI's and other tests........

Still more to come.

You will have to pick up the slack!

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Are the tests on the wife or you? Sure hope all comes out ok. Going to doctors is not one of my favorite thing to do. So far only have to go once a year just to renew my high blood pressure meds. Tried to talk the doc out of having to take them as my blood pressure is 126/65 but he said at my age better keep taking the darn stuff.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

The tests are for me. About a year and a half ago, I started to get tremors in my left hand.For my yearly physical last year, my doctor said we would just leave it alone, and see if it would go away over the next year. It didn't, and has gotten worse. It is at the point where I need two hands to get a screwdriver into the slot. For this years physical, she made an appointment with a neurologist for me. I have two more tests scheduled. One on the 15th, and one on the 18th. Then I have a follow-up appointment with the neurologist. Good news, is that I did not hear anything about the results of the MRI. They said that no news is good news......

Anyway, I'm about to start a woodworking project. I'm making a Shaker inspired tressle table. It will be a desk for my wife. The tabletop will be about 32x72 inches. I will also make a couple of wood file cabinets so that she can store her records....

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Still here too. Have been playing some golf lately. Heading to France at Easter.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

I got out yesterday with my 4x5 inch Shen-Hao field camera. I still have to develop the film. The film I used was the 8x10 inch x-ray film cut down to 4x5. I figure that costs me about 9.5 cents each. If I bought Kodak or Ilford, it would cost about $1.50 a sheet. I will wait to process it, since I plan on going out with my 8x10 inch pinhole camera either tomorrow or Friday. The big thing about the cut down 4x5 film is that it is easy to scratch. So, yesterday was a test to see if I could cut down the 8x10 inch film for 4x5 without too much scratching. I may have to try a few different ways to cut it down before I find some way to reduce or hopefully eliminate the scratching. A cost of 9.5 cents a sheet is just too attractive!

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Took a few snaps at Nieces Confirmation last weekend and spent this morning uploading to Photobox.
Tedious job making a book of them, just as well my new Rascal Flatts CD arrived this morning. ( Its country and western Sr. )

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Gee Sparkey, you are always surprising me. Didn't know the Irish liked CW music.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

I've never really liked CW......

My idea of good music is Jazz!

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

JohnSR wrote:Gee Sparkey, you are always surprising me. Didn't know the Irish liked CW music.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: