Quite

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
jon.oman

Re: Quite

Post by jon.oman »

I have not heard from him. Hopefully, we will soon!

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Hey Guys, Where are all the photos? Just got out of the hospital today after a four day stay. They started the radiation and chemo treatments Monday so as you can guess, not feeling too great. It was my idea to spend the first chemo cycle in the hospital as have heard all kinds of bad stories about it, but believe it or not, it wasn't that bad. Didn't get the G.I.s or vomit any. Things have changed so much since I lost my first wife to cancer. Now have to wait 21 days before the next go-around with chemo. Think there are going to be a total of three cycles of three days each on the chemo and 15 days of radiation of two doses a day. One at 7:14 am and the other at 2 AM. The doses are small as the doc doesn't want to damage to much of the lung tissue. I am finding this all very interesting as haven't been in the hospital before all this started. Will let you know how things turn out as the treatments continue.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Heh John,
Great to hear from you again. Sorry to hear they are giving you a hard time in that hospital. Hope all goes well for you.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

John,

I'm glad to hear from you also! My wife has been living with cancer for about 8 or 9 years now. She went through it all, including a bone marrow transplant. Medical science has come a long way in the last 30 years! If was totally different with my mother.

Keep us posted on how things are going.

You may want to send us an email with your address? I for one would like to have it!

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

jon.oman wrote:John,

I'm glad to hear from you also! My wife has been living with cancer for about 8 or 9 years now. She went through it all, including a bone marrow transplant. Medical science has come a long way in the last 30 years! If was totally different with my mother.

You may want to send us an email with your address? I for one would like to have it!
Well 10 out of 30 done. Starting to look like a cooked lobster. They gave me some salve for it so will try it tonight. Was surprised that my face also turned red. The machine was pointed at my chest.
Here is my mailing address.
John Craig
PO Box 786
McKenna, WA 98558
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:
jon.oman wrote:John,

Well 10 out of 30 done. Starting to look like a cooked lobster. They gave me some salve for it so will try it tonight. Was surprised that my face also turned red. The machine was pointed at my chest.
Here is my mailing address.
John Craig
PO Box 786
McKenna, WA 98558
Thanks for the address John. Don't get cooked too much! My wife had radiation treatments as well, I think about as many....

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Here is a link to a project I have been working on:

http://www.gophotog.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=636