Quite

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
jon.oman

Re: Quite

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:Applying or Social Security Retirement Was one of the easiest thing I ever done through the government. Walked in about quiting time and told the clerk what I was there for. It was as if they were waiting for me. She pulled up my info and had me verify it then she hit the transmit key and I was done. Wish other agencies were this good.
In my case, I didn't leave home! I did it through their online web site......

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

I'm from the older generation, we don't trust the web. Now that the feds seems to be able to get into anyone account. Heck, out here even the schools are making the kids show them what they are chatting about on Face Book. Their reasoning is "trying to find bulling" :evil:
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:I'm from the older generation, we don't trust the web. Now that the feds seems to be able to get into anyone account. Heck, out here even the schools are making the kids show them what they are chatting about on Face Book. Their reasoning is "trying to find bulling" :evil:
I understand your concerns. But, I've been creating web sites for over 15 years, and worked as a programmer for 10 or more years before that. So, I do use web pages. My feeling is that there can be problems, but there are a lot of people out there using the web. Hopefully, my number won't come up!

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

JohnSR wrote:I'm from the older generation, we don't trust the web. Now that the feds seems to be able to get into anyone account. Heck, out here even the schools are making the kids show them what they are chatting about on Face Book. Their reasoning is "trying to find bulling" :evil:

you wha....... :mrgreen:

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Image alert!

Check new posts.....

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

On and off for the last few years, I have been working on an internet application. I may not make any money on it, but here is a link. I just thought you may have wanted to know what I have been spending my time on, and why this site has been so quiet!

http://www.dataformsexpress.com/

By the way, how is everyone? I hope you guys are having fun this summer!

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Looks good, Jon. Well I have been in the hospital for 6 days as the Docs try to clear my left lung of fluid. Felt better and they sent me home with arm load of pills. Last week they put a tube down into the lung and took a bunch of photos and did biopsy. That caused me to be in the hospital another 2 days as they got the lung bleeding. This past Thursday had a PAT scan. THat is where they inject radioactive sugar water into my body then scan it. Got through it ok but the dye they use to make it easy for the docs to see any small growths caused me trouble. I am as red right now as an Indian. More pills to counter it. Think I am over the worst of it though. So, from the 17th of July up to now that is about all I have been doing. Feel sorry for Betty as she has to drive me to the hospital due to if I tilt my head too quickly, I get very dizzy. This was my first experience with being in the hospital.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:Looks good, Jon. Well I have been in the hospital for 6 days as the Docs try to clear my left lung of fluid. Felt better and they sent me home with arm load of pills. Last week they put a tube down into the lung and took a bunch of photos and did biopsy. That caused me to be in the hospital another 2 days as they got the lung bleeding. This past Thursday had a PAT scan. THat is where they inject radioactive sugar water into my body then scan it. Got through it ok but the dye they use to make it easy for the docs to see any small growths caused me trouble. I am as red right now as an Indian. More pills to counter it. Think I am over the worst of it though. So, from the 17th of July up to now that is about all I have been doing. Feel sorry for Betty as she has to drive me to the hospital due to if I tilt my head too quickly, I get very dizzy. This was my first experience with being in the hospital.
Sorry to hear that John! Be sure to let us know how you are doing. Hopefully the doctors will be able to take care of things, and you will be feeling good soon....

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Sorry to hear you have been in hospital Sr and hope you are feeling better.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

How is John Sr getting on ?

Hope he is getting better.