Storm

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
JohnSR

Storm

Post by JohnSR »

Jon, how bad did you get hit? Any trees down in your area? Hope all is ok back your way.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Re: Storm

Post by jon.oman »

We got about 5 inches of rain. Winds were only about 40 mph at their worst. A few small tree limbs down. That is about it. This was just a taste of what is to come!

How are you doing? Have you gotten past the health issues you were fighting?

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Well I am at about 80 percent of what I was but getting stronger every day. I can walk MaryAnn down to the pasture and back without getting too winded. Guess you folks are just coming into the stormy season. Let's just hope none of the big ones come your way. Did the kids make it through the bad weather in the midwest ok?

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Our huricane season is from June 1st to the end of November. I hope they all end up in the middle of the Atlantic!

My daughter and son-in-law's farm made it throuigh the bad weather as well.

Here's hoping you are back to cutting wood soon!

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Was just out there cutting up a cant into 1X8X8 for a project I want to get done before winter. Think I have enough lumber now for the job. If not still have a few logs on the pile I can load and mill. A couple days ago, cut down a Ash tree that was along the driveway. Got two very nice logs out of it. The small end is 17 inches and the logs are solid. Never milled a Ash before so am kind of in a hurry to get one one the mill and see what it looks like. Will take photos when I cut them.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

When I was a kid, I used some ash boards for a small wall cabinet. Something my father had saved for years but never used. It works really well and had a nice light grain to it. I don't know whatever happened to the wall cabinet, it was one of my first projects....