First shopping trip in six months

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
JohnSR

First shopping trip in six months

Post by JohnSR »

Was feeling strong enough for Betty and I to go shopping today. Went to Home Depot and purchased a gas grill as the burners in the old one is shot. Now need to get the old one off the porch. Will see if my son can come over this weekend and help me remove it and install the new one.
After HD, went to Costco and picked up a couple lobsters for supper. Also got a electric blanket. I just can't seem to stay warm at night.
Was just about worn out by the time we got home but it was nice getting out after six months of the bed.
A few minutes ago Betty asked me to take a picture of a blouse she bought for the daughter. Of course the battery was dead in the D3 so gave it a 20 minute charge. That was enough to do the job. I can't believe how much that camera weighs. Had a hard time keeping it up to my face. Guess I better start weight lifting. :)
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Re: First shopping trip in six months

Post by jon.oman »

Good to see that you are out and about!

I just bought a smoker from HD just before Christmas. You can use either charcoal or propane. I set it up in the back yard on 9 concrete tiles. They said to keep it 10 feet from anything flammable. All set up and ready to go, but have not used it yet. This was a joint gift for me and my wife for Christmas and our 40th wedding anniversary. My wife has made homemade sausages before, and she said she wants to try smoking them. She did buy a pork butt to try first, but things keep getting in the way! Don't worry, we will get to it....

I'm baking a loaf of Swedish Rye bread, so I need to check it....

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

My propane Weber sure looks lonely out in garden in the rain.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

We may be using the smoker this Wednesday! My wife wants to smoke a pork butt....

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

My son caught a 20 pouind King Salmon yesterday and gave half of it to us. Will have salmon steaks tonight. Like my fish especially salmon. Will think of you guys while eating it. :lol:
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:My son caught a 20 pouind King Salmon yesterday and gave half of it to us. Will have salmon steaks tonight. Like my fish especially salmon. Will think of you guys while eating it. :lol:
My wife would love the Salmon! It is her favorite fish to eat. Fresh grilled, or smoked. It does not matter!

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

:D