Cold back east????

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
JohnSR

Cold back east????

Post by JohnSR »

Is that cold snap hitting SC? I feel sorry for the SeaHawks if the weather stays like it is for the SuperBowl game. It was bad enough for the playoffs out here is Seattle. Am feeling great and up to 146 pounds. Putting on a pound a day. Hope I can keep it up. Have a doc appointment tomorrow. This one is for my heart. As far as I know, there is nothing wrong with my ticker.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Re: Cold back east????

Post by jon.oman »

Yes, it is cold, and getting colder. Night time temps may be as low as 19 degrees F. for the next three nights. I have to drip the outdoor facets to keep them from freezing. I turned on my darkroom water heater for the same reason.....

Good job on the weight gain! I'm sure they are just being cautious about your heart. It is something that they check with every chemo patient.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Glad to hear it Sr.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Summerville, SC is supposed to get up to 3/4 inches of ice this afternoon and early evening, followed by 2 to 3 inches of snow tonight!

The power will be gone for a while!

And I thought I would be safe from such things when I moved here.....

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Yeah, saw on TV you were going to get hit pretty good. Wonder what the "gators do during the cold weather? Sparkey, Are you getting any bad weather? Guess you get a lot of wind. We are expecting some rain today with the temp in the 40's. Not too bad for January.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

JohnSR wrote:Yeah, saw on TV you were going to get hit pretty good. Wonder what the "gators do during the cold weather? Sparkey, Are you getting any bad weather? Guess you get a lot of wind. We are expecting some rain today with the temp in the 40's. Not too bad for January.

Rain wind and cold.................. :o

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

We managed to survive the storm. Surprised us that we did not lose power! That has never happened before.

Temps are now in the 60's and low 70's.

Going to visit family in Florida starting the end of the week. Will be gone about one week.....

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

We have another cold front coming in with temps in the 20s. Suppose to last for the week. Might even get some snow.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2014/02 ... ness-news/

The South of the country has been hit again by heavy rain. Not as bad here on East coast but we had very heavy rain too.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »