Cold back east????

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
jon.oman

Re: Cold back east????

Post by jon.oman »

John, I know that you are located about 185 miles away from Oso, but do you have to worry about mud slides in your area?

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

No. Most of them are north of Seattle. oo bad about those three people being killed. Think it is the first time I have heard of that happening around here.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

We had a bad ice storm just before getting back home from Florida. In fact, we stayed away for an additional two days because of all the blocked roads, etc. When we got home, it was a mess! All four long leaf pines lost about 1/3 of their branches. One tree had more than one broken branch just hanging. Rather dangerous. The house and other buildings were not damaged, except for the screening of the pool area. A couple of branches from my neighbor's magnolia tree came through the screening. I lost about twenty feet total of the screen.

Anyway, It took me three or four days to cut up and haul the branches to the curb for city pick-up. I also had to fix the screening for the pool area. Finally, I had to get a permit to have one of the pines removed. Eight years ago, the city would not let me remove this tree. It stood about 12 feet from the house, and was 7 feet in circumference at chest height. The tree had to be at least 50 feet tall. Because of the house on one side, power lines on the other, driveway on the third, and water lines on the fourth, the tree could not be dropped. They cut it down starting at the top, and moving down the tree. No bucket truck. One guy in the tree, and two guys on the ground pulling on a rope.

Anyway, I have been busy!

I hope you are back to sawing logs!

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Haven't done any sawmilling. Still waiting to get up to 170 pounds. At 156 as of this morning. Have to go in for surgery Wednesday. They found a growth where the stomach attach to the throat. They plan on stapling my stomach and making another esophagus. Just the lower part is being removed. The operation should last 5 hours and I will be back in the hospital for 10 day. Five of them with a tube down my throat. Not looking forward to this. The cancer was caused by acid reflect.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:Haven't done any sawmilling. Still waiting to get up to 170 pounds. At 156 as of this morning. Have to go in for surgery Wednesday. They found a growth where the stomach attach to the throat. They plan on stapling my stomach and making another esophagus. Just the lower part is being removed. The operation should last 5 hours and I will be back in the hospital for 10 day. Five of them with a tube down my throat. Not looking forward to this. The cancer was caused by acid reflect.
I'm sure that everything will go okay. I would not look forward to that tube either! Remember, this too shall pass....

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Hope all goes well for you John.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Thanks Guys::