Its La la land time again and always makes me think of Sr.

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
jon.oman

Re: Its La la land time again and always makes me think of S

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:Hope you are enjoying your vacation. One thing good about French cooking is I wouldn't have to worry about something sticking in my throat. All those slimmy slugs and rotting fish probbly wouldn't get past my lips. :lol: :lol:
Had a MRI and a PET scan this week and so far nothing is showing up. It's hard to believe it will soon be a year since they found the first growth (small cell) the worse kind as normally it heads for the brain. The MRI was for the head and they didn't see anything in there that looked like cancer. Ok Sparkey have your fun with that last statement. :evil: :twisted:
John, Glad that everything looks good! Are you regaining your strength? Have you been able to get out much?

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

I haven't got my strength back since the operation on my stomach. That was one big operation. Doc said it will probably 4 months before full recovery. The home nurse just turned me loose to drive yesterday but haven't been behind the wheel yet.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:I haven't got my strength back since the operation on my stomach. That was one big operation. Doc said it will probably 4 months before full recovery. The home nurse just turned me loose to drive yesterday but haven't been behind the wheel yet.
It might be a good thing to wait a bit, especially if you have not gotten your strength back. One day at a time!

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

JohnSR wrote:Hope you are enjoying your vacation. One thing good about French cooking is I wouldn't have to worry about something sticking in my throat. All those slimmy slugs and rotting fish probbly wouldn't get past my lips. :lol: :lol:
Had a MRI and a PET scan this week and so far nothing is showing up. It's hard to believe it will soon be a year since they found the first growth (small cell) the worse kind as normally it heads for the brain. The MRI was for the head and they didn't see anything in there that looked like cancer. Ok Sparkey have your fun with that last statement. :evil: :twisted:

Sorry but don't understand the last line ?

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Only the Irish :roll: :roll:

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

JohnSR wrote:Only the Irish :roll: :roll:

Howya doing Sr ?
Hope all is well as think of you often.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Still Around. Am at about 70 percent since the big operation in March. Am getting out on the boat at least twice a week and really enjoying the salmon fishing. My son, granddaughter and two of her friends helped me move the boat from Tacoma to Olympia which is closer to home. It took us three hours to go 27 miles. Hit some pretty rough water when we first started out and then bad riptides when going under the Narrows Bridge. Was very happy to have the large boat as my 21 foot would have scared the potty :lol: out of me in that kind of water. Well it has been over a year since they found the cancer and so far nothing has returned. Been going through all kinds of tests and the doctors are very pleased with the annual results so far. Sure glad I don't have to pay for any of this.

So Sparkey, did you have a good Summer? Did you get over to La La Land and did you eat many of those slimy slugs :evil: ? Got out two days before the close of crab season and loaded the frig up. Should have enough to last Betty and I a few months. Have the smoker loaded down with salmon (Kings and Silvers) with more waiting to go in. Don't know that we are going to do with all the fish. I'm eating some as I type this. Going to take the granddaughter out tomorrow to do some clamming. Betty won't let me take the boat out by myself so am getting to know the grand kids pretty well. Am thankful they like boating and are glad to help their old granddad out.

Jon, guess what? I sold my sawmill a couple weeks ago as I just don't have the strength to run it anymore. Am already missing it. Put a ad on Craigslist and the first guy who came to look at it, took it. I even made a little extra in the sale.

So guys that what is going on up here in the Great NorthWest

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Sparkey, Glad to see you here. It has been really quiet!

JohnSR, I'm glad to see that you are having some fun for a change! It is nice to have grand kids old enough to help you crew your boat. My oldest grand kid is only 13 years old.

If I had lived near you, I would have bought that sawmill! But, with a whole continent between us, that would not have worked out.

My wife and I are headed to Orlando, Florida for a few days.....

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

We were in France for the month of June and had a lovely time. :D

Plenty of Fish prawns mussells and Duck. The Gas powered Weber was busy.

Glad to hear Sr is well again and found a new hobby.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »