My Boat

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
JohnSR

My Boat

Post by JohnSR »

Picked this up for $6,000. Looks good outside and inside. It has a 250 hp i/o. Am enjoying it but not the drive to get to it. Takes me an hour and it is only 28.5 miles away. The trouble is I have to go through Tacoma and the traffic is real bad. The boat has a ref, microwave,toliet, shower, flying bridge with duel controls. electric `120 volt heater and a 12 volt hot water heater from the engine. There is a bunch of other stuff that I could fill up this page with but think you get the idea. It will sleep six adults. Been out salmon fishing and going tomarrow with my son and granddaughter after crabs. Season closes at the end of the month.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

JohnSR

Re: My Boat

Post by JohnSR »

Forgot to say it is 28 feet long. Have to keep it in a marina as it is too big for me to trailer around.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Wow! That is some boat! My wife would like some of that salmon. It is her favorite fish to eat. She just asked me if we could go fishing with you!

You may want to drive there and sleep on the boat a few nights. That would help with the commute!

How the heck did you get it for that price?

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

It is getting toward the end of boating season and the guy was having a hard time selling it. He started out at 12000 dropped it down to 9000 without any takers. Finally down to 6000. He is moving back east and couldn't take it with him. I had been watching it on craigslist and when it hit that mark, called the guy and took a look at it. All I said when I first saw it was "Wow didn't think it was that large". We took a ride and when we came back gave him the money for it.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

You got a great buy!

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Nice looking boat John. :mrgreen: