Nikon mirrorless cameras

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
jon.oman

Re: Nikon mirrorless cameras

Post by jon.oman »

Yes, but it is for non-pros!

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

I am going to the launch in November anyway to have a look at it. I was more impressed with the Z6 but no intention of buying one.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Let me know what you think about it after inspecting one.....

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Z50 launched Sat. First impression is it's tiny. One SD card and a very small battery. I was shocked and would not buy it.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

I heard that the battery was small and under powered. Seems like a bad deal.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

I'm thinking of opening up this forum again. But, I would change it so that each message posted would have to be moderated and approved before it could be seen. I'm doing that now on another forum that I just started hosting: www.rugtalk.net/forum

If I did go down this path, I would like to make you a moderator, so that you could see/approve any messages that are posted. Maybe more people would register and participate, without having the problems associated with spam.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

When you say opening up the forum. What does that mean ? Do you not have to gain approval before joining anyway ? Or do you mean lurkers can access without joining ?

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Well, no new people can register at this time. That has been shut off for a long time. Only existing members can log in and post messages.

If I open up the registration process, then new people can register and log in. They can also post messages.

I had shut off registration because of the spammers. But, if I change things to force moderation of each message, no one will see a message unless it is approved. That would stop spammers in their tracks.

I did not know how to do this, until I had to set up the other forum. It is a matter of user permissions.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

At the end of the day it is your site and you just make the call that suits. I will be here anyway.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Still have resisted the temptation to go mirrorless due to the massive price of change. No point in buying the camera without replacing with Z lenses.
My 28-70 f2.8 is still producing stunning shots. 😎