Out wasting gas

Place to post your images just for fun, no critiquing unless asked.
JohnSR

Out wasting gas

Post by JohnSR »

Decided to get out of the house and visit a friend who happens to own a cafe way out in the country. One of the small old towns I had to go through was Teninio, Washington. It was early enough so was able to capture the old bank building without the dark shadows. I left the power lines in all these photos as I think they add to the photos.
Can you imagine hitching rails and horses and buggies pulled up to the bank. Wonder if they had a pooper-scooper that kept the street clean?

Either the weather got to this carving or the guys who carved it wasn't as good as the guys in Europe.

Here is one for you to try. Take a photo of a window without getting your reflections in it. 1906 isn't really that long ago but you have to understand Washington wasn't settled until 1854 so we don't have all the old stuff like back South.

Main street of Teninio taken from the bank location. It looks like it is turning into a tourist trap. By the way that blue car is mine.

A shot into the window of one of the shops. Guess what is junk to one is a treasure to another.
Finally made it to my friends where I had eggs,grits, ham and homemade biscuits. Think this cafe is the only place in Washington that serves grits.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Re: Out wasting gas

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:Decided to get out of the house and visit a friend who happens to own a cafe way out in the country. One of the small old towns I had to go through was Teninio, Washington. It was early enough so was able to capture the old bank building without the dark shadows. I left the power lines in all these photos as I think they add to the photos.
Can you imagine hitching rails and horses and buggies pulled up to the bank. Wonder if they had a pooper-scooper that kept the street clean?

I can imagine the horses!

Either the weather got to this carving or the guys who carved it wasn't as good as the guys in Europe.

I think it is the weather. I've seen this effect before!

Here is one for you to try. Take a photo of a window without getting your reflections in it. 1906 isn't really that long ago but you have to understand Washington wasn't settled until 1854 so we don't have all the old stuff like back South.

Trying this is hard to do! My dad was born in 1906.

Main street of Teninio taken from the bank location. It looks like it is turning into a tourist trap. By the way that blue car is mine.

The mini SUV? Or, the sedan? Even though the buildings are old, the contents can be new (Computer store)!

A shot into the window of one of the shops. Guess what is junk to one is a treasure to another.

Everybody has junk, and love junk! It just depends on the junk!

Finally made it to my friends where I had eggs,grits, ham and homemade biscuits. Think this cafe is the only place in Washington that serves grits.

You can get grits everywhere here!
Nice series John! I really enjoyed looking at this. It reminds me of my home town.