I love trains.

Place to post your images just for fun, no critiquing unless asked.
Sparkey

I love trains.

Post by Sparkey »

Couple of shots while waiting for train to come. Taken in Agde station.

jon.oman

Re: I love trains.

Post by jon.oman »

Nice set Sparkey. I like trains as well, but it is harder to shoot them in this country.

Rick Shutterman

Post by Rick Shutterman »

Hi Sparkey

Nice pictures. That's a station that we know very well indeed as you know. :)

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

4 Euro to Beziers from Agde. No sooner you sitting down you are there.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Think I have told you at one time or another that I was raised along the railroad track. My father was a section foreman for the Southern Pacific Railroad. I remember the first diesel-electric train to make the run from Portland Oregon to SF, California. The front unit of the three unit engine had a sign that stated it was a "Special" and on each side near the windshield were black flags. The train consisted of 30 refrigerated baggage cars. There was a armed soldier on top of each car. I asked my dad why all the soldiers on top of the train and he told me it was a funeral train carrying soldiers home who were killed in the Korean War. This was in the early 1950s.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Interesting John. I never saw anything like that as a kid. But then, my town had about 900 people in it, and the trains were few and far between.

Rick Shutterman

Sparkey wrote:4 Euro to Beziers from Agde. No sooner you sitting down you are there.
Better than driving in Bezier. Had my one and only "near miss" there. We prefer to jump on the train and leave the car at Agde.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Still waiting to get a spin on the TGV. Hoping to try it soon, maybe take a journey up a couple of stops and experience the speed of it. Suppose if we closed our eyes we could be in Paris before we knew it.

Rick Shutterman

We've been on the Eurostar to Paris and that's quite something although you don't get a sensation of speed unless you look out of the window. However, when they pass you at silly miles and hour when driving on the motorway you realise, they're fast!

During the snow, they put on extra regional High Speed trains to St. Pancras and Sarah travelled on them to work a few times.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

If that guy we have for President gets his way, we will have a high speed train from NY to Chicago. If they build one from Chicago to Seattle or LA, wonder how fast it could go over the Rockies, Sierras or the Cascade mountains. Can just see one being launched into space as it tops the summit at 200 mph. :roll:
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.