The Mountain

Place to post your images just for fun, no critiquing unless asked.
JohnSR

The Mountain

Post by JohnSR »

Decided to head up into the Mt Rainier National Park today. Left fairly early due to the weather being halfway decent and knew there would be a mad dash up there. The only problem was the mountain had a cloud cap on it which ruined what I wanted to shot but here are a few for you to enjoy.

I always stop and take a photo of this waterfalls. Think this is the best I have taken so far. Normally I blow the whites real bad.

I always call this the "Flying Saucer" but it is the observation building at the 6,000 for level. The lower half is still under snow. Was surprised to see this much snow this time of year. Normally all the snow is gone by now.

This will give you an idea how much snow that is still up there. Does this look cool enough for you Jon? :D

Mt Rainier wearing her bonnet. I noticed what look like some ash on the west side of the mountain. Haven't heard anything about it doing some puffing. You can see it next to the tree.

Guess I can't blame Betty for cutting my feet off in this photo. Asked a guy who had a big Canon with white lens to take this photo of me with my D3. Didn't know he cut my feet off until I got home. Maybe he figured because I have a big belly, I didn't need my feet.

And of course, can't forget ole Sparkey. This one is for you. It's strange that these flowers can grow as the snow comes right up the side of them.

The snow is melting as you can see in this photo. There are thousands of rushing streams all through the park. One thing, It is very hard shooting in bright sun where there is snow. The D3 handled it pretty well but it is a guessing game. Almost need to shoot two photos, one for the bright areas and one for the shadows then combine them. Thank goodness for CaptureNX2.

This is kind of strange. As you can see the water is full of iron. This stream normally runs clean as you can tell by the river bed. I really think something is going on with Mt Rainier.

Guess I have bored you long enough so will close with this photo of a deer taken along side the road. It looks like she may be pregnant. She still has her winter coat. Very friendly animal.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Re: The Mountain

Post by jon.oman »

Very nice set John! And yes, I don't miss the snow. The image of the car on the road with the snow around reminds me of my home town at the begining of May. And that is about 1100 feet in elevation, not 6000!

I really enjoyed this one.

Sparkey

Re: The Mountain

Post by Sparkey »

Cool....?

A Suzuki.............. :mrgreen: