Nikon FE and 35mm f2.

Place to post your images just for fun, no critiquing unless asked.
Sparkey

Nikon FE and 35mm f2.

Post by Sparkey »

jon.oman

Re: Nikon FE and 35mm f2.

Post by jon.oman »

I was not thinking about manual focus! Wow! That would be a problem for me. My vision is not what it was.

These are nice. Nothing like B&W right out of the camera. I had to laugh about the "Bad Ass" store!

I think you are going to have fun......

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Its a 40 year old Nikon FE. The whole photo process is so much slower. Get the scene in focus, check speed against aperture, scan what you see and recompose, press button which is slightly recessed so you must press downwards, noisey clunk of shutter. Hope that nothing has changed. One street shot I had perfect and then a double decker bus appeared out of nowhere and ruined the shot.
Left the film in to my local shop and 1 hour later the photos were available to download on their internet site. 12 Euro you will have to do the conversion.
Had fun so bought another roll and have a few more shots I want to try out.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

It makes you think! No computers doing the work for you. You will actually learn more, and enjoy it more.

There have been times I have used my DSLR's in straight manual mode. Nothing on automatic. Had to think about what I was doing!

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Exactly it makes you think. I enjoyed the experience and it was nostalgia to revisit where I learned by trial and error so many years ago. Digital cameras make it so easier though. I think B/W suit certain types of photos.