New darkroom

Traditional film, film processing, lab processing, chemistry, paper, traditional printing processes and conservation.
jon.oman

Re: New darkroom

Post by jon.oman »

Well, I might be back to normal by Monday? Longest recovery yet! From now on, I will not try to lift anything over 25 pounds! (That's what I told myself the last time.....)

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Get well soon.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Guess you wouldn't be able to pull my bow with the back. I can just see you twinging when you read this. Glad to hear you are getting better. :D
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

I finally got through all of my email/forum mail. I'm doing better, but I have to go rest now.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Well, I've finally made some progress on my darkroom. The drywall has been hung on the ceiling. Tomorrow, I will start doing the walls. When I hurt my back, I never thought I was going to be able to complete this job on my own. It turns out, that with a back brace, I am able to hang drywall. If I am lucky, I hope to have the walls up by Monday or Tuesday. If I do, I should be able to mud it in one day. I'll need to let it dry for a couple of days, and then I get to sand it! I really love the sanding part......

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

jon.oman wrote:Well, I've finally made some progress on my darkroom. The drywall has been hung on the ceiling. Tomorrow, I will start doing the walls. When I hurt my back, I never thought I was going to be able to complete this job on my own. It turns out, that with a back brace, I am able to hang drywall. If I am lucky, I hope to have the walls up by Monday or Tuesday. If I do, I should be able to mud it in one day. I'll need to let it dry for a couple of days, and then I get to sand it! I really love the sanding part......

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Well, today I put up more than 1/3rd of the walls. Hopefully tomorrow, I will have more than 2/3rd of it done. If I work on it Saturday, I may be done with hanging drywall!

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Well, I have only one full sheet of drywall to hang, and two small pieces. The full sheet has to be cut so that 2/3 goes on one wall, and 1/3 goes on another. I should be able to finish hanging the drywall tomorrow (Saturday)! This will be the last time that I ever hang drywall. Never again!

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

:D :D :D Know what you mean.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Well, the drywall is in! I'll start the taping and mudding this next Monday. Maybe by the end of next week I'll be able to prime it, then paint. Another long project!

By the way, the finished darkroom will be about 7 feet 4 inches wide, and 14 feet 5 inches long. The ceilings will be 7 feet 5 inches high. Big enough for what I want to do!