John Sr. has passed

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
jon.oman

John Sr. has passed

Post by jon.oman »

It is with a sad heart that I write this note. One of our founding members has died. John Craig was a big part of this little place. He will be missed!

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tribne ... =174479617

Sparkey

Re: John Sr. has passed

Post by Sparkey »

I have been away in La La land ( as John Sr called it ) for the last 2 weeks and returned home late last night.
Jon texted me this sad news and I am still in shock.
Sr was a founder member of this little group of photographers that was formed many years ago even though none of us have ever met.
We have bonded and stayed in touch over a couple of websites to suit our easy going needs.
Sr contributed a lot of expertise from his vast photography knowledge and passed it on to us.
I have been on the receiving end of a lot of slagging from Sr over the years but always considered it worth it to listen to an expert.
We have come from early D50/70's to the introduction of D200 which Sr mastered with ease and I struggled I have to admit. Then came the D3 period and I am still learning.
I will miss his guidance and sense of humour.
John Sr. you will not be forgotten.

I only had the little P7000 with me and post this image in memory of John Sr.
It is not meant to have artistic merit other than Sr. knew I loved reflections and water and I took it in the last two weeks.. I wished I had a better one to share but air travel and photography no longer mix well.

Peter Young.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

A year has passed since the death of our Friend John Sr.

I will never forget you and miss our online sparring about all things even though it was always tongue in cheek.

Castar na daoine ar a chéile, ach ní chastar na cnoic (ná na sléibhte).

Peter.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

I too miss John Sr. I considered him a friend, even though we never met. We all shared many good times online though.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Just thinking of John Sr. today.

I miss the good times we shared.

Never forget you John.

Peter.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

I think of him as well. I look at the images he posted and ask "what if". John was a great guy.