Panasonic FZ18

Discuss all things related to any other camera.
Jojochinoise

Panasonic FZ18

Post by Jojochinoise »

Anybody here know anything about the Lumix FZ18? I am considering and wondering about quality pictures without going into a DSLR. I am a small woman and have small (also over the hill) :lol: I need info.
Thanks, Jo

JohnSR

Re: Panasonic FZ18

Post by JohnSR »

Hi Jo, I don't have a pocket camera anymore but some of the guys on the other forum I belong to uses them along with their DSLRs. Here is an interesting article I ran across that you may find helpful.
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/revie ... cket.shtml
I agree with the author when it comes to having an optical viewer. For me it is a must have as the sun is so bright here in Washington (When we get it) would never be able to see the screen.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Jo,

The only P&S that I have used is an old Sony 3.2MP camera. So, I don't know that much about them. Here is a review of the camera you are considering that I found:

CNET Reviews

I did follow a thread on DPReview recently on the supposedly 'best' P&S on the market. It appears that everyone agreed on the Canon G9. It is pricey, but you may want to consider it.

Canon G9 Info

B&H Photo Price

Jojochinoise

Post by Jojochinoise »

Thank you both for your answer, I will consider what you have said. You are very helpful. :D

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

By the way, one of the nice things about the Canon G9, is that it has image stableization built in, unlike the Panasonic. The G9 also has a macro mode, that will allow you to take close-up images of flowers, etc.

Just a few more things to consider.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

I have had a look at new G12 but prefer the nikon P7000.